Website iCode Bridgewater
Empowering Future Innovators
The Technical Instructor possesses excellent knowledge in the field of Computer Science. They get to know each student, encouraging and influencing each one of them on an individual basis, while innovating, collaborating and creating technology. The Technical Instructor is responsible for creating a fun and learning experience for students to achieve and master the iCode system. They deliver each instructional session while evaluating the progress of each student in the program.
● Teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by iCode.
● Manage an orderly classroom at all times.
● Provide meaningful feedback about class material and student dynamics in the classroom in weekly status reports.
● Assess, record and report on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of students.
● Provide weekly communication and updates to parents on a weekly basis.
● Treats students equally and fairly.
● Present a professional manner at all times.
● Maintain exceptional classroom standards.
● Experience in HTML, JavaScipt, Alice and Python.
● Experience using GameMaker and Unity is desirable.
● Strong knowledge of the Apple computers, devices and operating systems.
● General knowledge of Agile methodologies.
● Positive attitude, outgoing and excellent people skills.
● Dependable and flexible to work evenings and weekends.
● Good written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work with students ranging from K-12.
● Strong problem–solving and analytical skills.
● Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
● Being able to perform well under pressure.
● Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Seniors of BS in Computer Science required.
● Exceptions can be made for student who are graduates of iCode Program.
● Exception also for exceptional students in High School with a career focus in Computer Science and active leadership role in a high school STEAM club.
● Follow the items outlined in the “key responsibilities” section.
● Stay on schedule provided by campus director/manager.
● No social media usage while at work.
● While on the clock, employee’s time is 100% committed towards iCode.
● Perform tasks within the timeline provided by manager.
● Perform tasks within reasonable expectations of quality of work.
● Offer creative solutions to issues and problems.
● Be dedicated to campus duties and not be distracted by other tasks.
● Employee must clock in and clock out at all times while reporting to work.
● Must be in proper work attire.
● Must be a team player. Must have great customer service skills.
● Must adhere by HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.13 – $17.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
Bridgewater, NJ 08807: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org