Computer Coding for Kids | Robotics Classes | STEAM Based Learning
Check out the hottest After-School Computer Science School that offers STEAM based learning classes in computer coding, robotics and databases for students in grades K through 12.
Our curriculum is structured after eight unique martial arts belts that teach kids to code. Beginner to advanced classes meet one hour a day, two days a week. Each course structure serves as a foundation for a culture of respect and acknowledgement of those who have advanced in the field of Computer Science.
Please visit the iCode campus website nearest you for pricing.
The Foundation Belt is for students in the grades K-2. Students learn computer skills, game development, computational thinking, digital logic and encryption algorithms. Students also develop important mental skills such as problem solving, pattern matching and abstract thinking—they build critical 21st Century STEAM skills that they will use for a lifetime.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Computational Thinking
- Digital Logic
- Technology Around us
- Introduction to Game Development
- Basic Engineering
- Encryption Algorithms
- Final Belt Project
The White Belt introduces students to computer science topics including programming, robotics and software design, with an introduction to decomposing and debugging existing code. This robust mix of curriculum lays a strong foundation for students pursuing future Belts while teaching problem solving and independent thinking.
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Programming with Scratch
- Programming Constructs in Scratch
- Fundamentals of Robotics
- Program Decomposition and Debugging
- White Belt Project
The Yellow Belt teaches students how to create simple websites using HTML, with an analytical approach to problem solving, and an understanding of the basics of mobile development using MIT's App Inventor and a more in-depth understanding of robotics.
- Intermediate Robotics
- Beginning HTML
- Design Thinking
- Introduction to Mobile Development
- User Experience in Mobile Development
- Mobile Development Belt Project
The Orange Belt focuses on web development, understanding of Algorithms, and an introduction to RPi. At the end of the sprint students are required to create a medium complexity website that focuses on integrating all aspects of Web Development HTML, CSS, PHP and Databases.
- Introduction to Programming
- Web Design with HTML & CSS
- Introduction to Electronics with RPi
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Game Development Belt Project
The Red Belt provides students an understanding of basic graphic design and animation while transitioning from 2D to 3D game design. Students are introduced to the coding language, LUA, while designing their own publishable 3D sandbox game. This Belt emphasizes cooperative learning and teamwork while encouraging creativity in the third dimension.
- Digital Images
- Fundamentals of Game Design
- Advanced 2D Game Development-Stencyl
- Intro to 3D Game Design-Roblox Sandbox Game Publishing
- Final Belt Project
The Green Belt provides students with a deeper understanding of what’s going on behind their screens. We introduce hardware, organization, operating systems, Raspberry Pi, Alice (a programming language by Carnegie Mellon University) as well as advanced programming blocks using Mindstorms EV3.
- Introduction to Hardware & Software
- Introduction to Programming with Alice
- Programming Constructs with Alice
- Electronics with Raspberry Pi
- Robotics with Mindstorms EV3
- Belt Project with Robotics & RPi
The Blue Belt serves as an introduction to Python (programming language), electronics, robotics, and the processes of music production. This Belt finishes with our groups demonstrating a deliverable project built using the AGILE Methodology.
- Digital Music
- Introduction to Programming with Python
- Advanced Raspberry Pi with Python
- Advanced Robotics with Mindstorms EV3
- IDEs and Introduction to OOP
- Belt Project with Python and Agile Methodology
The Black Belt immerses students into the most famous and popular programming language, Java. Topics covered range from the basic syntax of Java to the logic of object oriented programming, and data structures. This Belt also provides an understanding of 3D Printing, flight mechanics with drones and Java Minecraft Mods.
- Introduction to Java with Minecraft Mods
- Programming Constructs in Java
- Art of Innovation
- Fundamentals of Data Structures with Java
- Code to Fly UAV's (Drones)
- Advanced Data Structures
- Java and Agile Methodology
- Belt Project